This program ensures each child has the necessary supplies to start the school year off right. For some families in our community $75-$125 per child forces a choice between purchasing school supplies or monthly expenses such as: rent, medication, food or utility bills. Through this program, each child PreK - 12 receives a backpack and necessary supplies for their grade level, equipped and ready to learn.
Help Prepare a Child
Does your church, organization or family want to make a difference in the life of a child? Over 750 children receive a backpack and supplies each year through our School Supply Program. You can help! Donated items must be delivered to the Needs Council by July 9th.
Below is a list of supplies needed:
• Backpack (no wheels)*
• Binders, 3 ring- 1.5”& 2” sizes*
• Notebook Paper, wide rule
• Pencil Sharpener w/shaving collector
• Pocket Folders with brads, all colors
• Subject Dividers, plastic with pockets
• Pens black, blue or red
• Crayola Crayons, regular & twist up
• Highlighters, any color
• Crayola Colored Pencils, regular & twist up • Pink Pearl Eraser
• Crayola Watercolors
• Spiral Notebook, wide rule 70 page
• Crayola Markers, classic broad line
• 5 Subject Spiral Notebook
• Expo Dry Erase Markers, all Colors
• Composition Notebooks
• Glue Sticks
• Elmer’s Glue 4oz
• Scissors, pointed and rounded tip
*most needed items
Victims of physical, emotional and sexual abuse receive critical counseling by licensed professionals. As they get their lives back on track, clients are also provided budgeting, goal-setting and financial planning assistance.
Needs Council volunteers provide “friendly support” to homebound seniors and rides to medical appointments since many have no family nearby. Community members adopt and provide gifts to these seniors and disabled adults at Christmas.
Children and their families are provided assistance with coats, school supplies, food, childcare, scholarships, parenting classes and Christmas assistance with the help of many community volunteers.